The race, which starts in Cedar City and steadily weaves its way north and eventually into Wyoming for the first time ever, will also host three UCI pro continental squads and seven U.S.-based contiental outfits. Recent additions to this year's Tour of Utah are Cannondale Pro Cycling, Drapac Professional Cycling, and Bissell Development Team, Team Jamis-Hagens Berman and Team SmartStop.
"The 2014 Tour of Utah features an outstanding field of teams with international star power and strong domestic riders," said Steve Miller, president of Miller Sports Properties which organizes the Tour of Utah in a release. "Spectators should be very excited to witness the tremendous talent of these riders as they compete for seven days over the byways and mountaintops of Utah. The challenging route, beautiful scenery and a field of world-class cyclists add up to a highly-anticipated 10th edition of the Tour of Utah."
In its 10th year of existence, the Tour of Utah has expanded to seven days of racing across Utah and Wyoming. In 2013, the Tour covered 586 miles of terrain across the Beehive State. The 2014 race will be the fourth year being an official UCI America Tour sanctioned race.
Tour of Utah professional field
• Belkin-Pro Cycling Team (The Netherlands) , No. 10 on UCI WorldTour
• BMC Racing Team (USA), No.6 on UCI WorldTour
• Cannondale Pro Cycling (Italy), 14th on UCI World Tour
• Team Garmin-Sharp (USA), No. 12 on UCI WorldTour
• Team LAMPRE-MERIDA (Italy), No. 11 on UCI World Tour
• Trek Factory Racing (USA), No. 8 on UCI WorldTour
• Drapac Professional Cycling (Australia), 2nd on UCI Oceania Tour
• Team Novo Nordisk (USA), No. 30 on UCI America Tour
• UnitedHealthcare Professional Cycling Team (USA), No. 14 on UCI America Tour
• Bissell Development Team (USA), 16th on UCI America Tour
• Funvic Brasilinvest-São José dos Campos (Brazil), No.1 on UCI America Tour
• Hincapie Sportswear Development Team (USA), No 4 on UCI America Tour
• Team Jamis-Hagens Berman presented by Sutter Home (USA), 7th on UCI America Tour
• Jelly Belly presented by MAXXIS (USA), No 17 on UCI America Tour
• Optum presented by Kelly Benefit Strategies (USA), No 5 on UCI America Tour
• Team SmartStop (USA), 3rd on UCI America Tour