Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Eight people lose homes as fire damages Ogden four-plex

Published June 24, 2014 10:36 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Eight people were left homeless in the wake of a fire that heavily damaged two units of a four-plex apartment complex in Ogden late Monday night.

Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman said crews rushed to the 10:23 p.m. blaze at 1050 Healy Street to find heavy smoke and flames pouring from the structure.

All residents were safely evacuated as firefighters extinguished the blaze, believed caused by an electrical problem which spread from a basement unit to another unit directly above it.



Damages were estimated at more than $70,000, Bauman said.

Six adults and two children displaced by the fire were receiving housing, clothing and food assistance from the Red Cross.

No injuries were reported.

remims@sltrib.com

Twitter: @remims

 

 

 

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus