Home » News
Home » News

Crews douse fire at Ogden newspaper building

Published July 7, 2014 5:02 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

No one was seriously injured after a fire broke at the Standard-Examiner's building just before noon on Monday.

Ogden Fire Department were called the building, located in the Business Depot Ogden at 332 Standard Way, and quickly doused the blaze. All of the employees were evacuated from the building, according to the fire department, but one person was treated for smoke inhalation.

According to the Ogden newspaper's Twitter account, the fire started in their baler room.

The cause of the fire was not immediately released on Monday.

The Standard-Examiner reported there was no damage to the press or the administrative building; employees were allowed back inside the building at about 3 p.m.

Jessica Miller




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus