The Gateway parking garages are another option, at $7 a day. There are multiple entrances to both garages around the mall.
2. Bring your own water • Chances are you will be carrying some kind of bag or backpack around the convention. Instead of buying bottled water in the Salt Palace, it wouldn't be much hassle to keep your own water bottle in your bag. Remember, it needs to be empty when you bring it inside, but there are water fountains.
3. Skip the convention food court •It's hard to resist convenient food when you're hungry, but unlike The Hulk, don't let your basic instincts rule your mind. The food court will easily set you back $10 a plate for standard fare, and with all that cool merchandise on the con floor, you might want to spend that money elsewhere.
While exceptions will be made for people with food sensitivities, outside food isn't allowed, except for small snacks and baby food. But a meal isn't too far from the Salt Palace. Toasters is across the street at 151 W. 200 South. Or if you don't mind a longer lunch break and walk there's a Subway, Panda Express and McDonald's at The Gateway food court, which is just north of 200 South on Rio Grande Street, on the mall's second level.
4. Shop around the convention floor •Sure, finding that Crimson Typhoon figure you've wanted is exciting. But there's a chance another vendor has the same one, but for $5 less. If you want to take the risk of someone else snatching up your prize, and have the time, consider inspecting the other booths.
5. Stick around for the end •By Saturday evening, as the convention starts closing shop, some vendors might start offering discounts to push as much product as they can before the doors close. The risk you take by waiting, again, is that the prized comics or toys you hoped for might be gone. There's also no guarantee that vendors will slash prices. But if you're OK with taking the chance, you might find a nice discount.
6. Inherit an arms-dealing business from your father •Now, no matter what anything costs, it doesn't put a dent in that Stark money, you genius-billionaire-playboy-philanthropist you.