Home » News
Home » News

Taiwan news reports carbon monoxide leak killed Mormon missionaries

Published August 25, 2014 7:23 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Two Mormon missionaries, including Connor Thredgold of Utah, died of carbon monoxide poisoning in their Taipei apartment, according to two Taiwan news agencies.

"Prosecutors found a faulty indoor gas water heater, which they determined to be the cause of the fatal carbon monoxide leak," The Taipei Times reports. The Taiwan News reported the same. No foul play is suspected, according to both news agencies, as well as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Thredgold and 24-year-old Yu Peng Xiong, who had been serving as a missionary since March 2013, were found dead Saturday. Thredgold, of Springville, had been in the country for about three months, his family said.

A Wells Fargo Bank account, under the name Connor Thredgold Memorial Fund, will be set up by the end of the day Monday for the Thredgolds, said family spokesperson Tom McHoes.


Twitter: @mikeypanda






Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus